Il Desco Launches Spring Menu
Il Desco, a modern Italian restaurant located in Riverside’s vibrant King Street district, has launched its spring menus for lunch, dinner, and brunch. Menu highlights include three new pizzas, five new pasta entrées and an expanded menu for happy hour.
Additionally, Il Desco has updated its hours and offerings for lunch, happy hour, and brunch. Key changes include:
• Effective immediately, guests may order a Margherita Pizza Combo (lunch-size Margherita pizza with a side salad, $13) or Half Sandwich & Salad or Soup Combo ($12) during lunch service.
• The lunch menu, with the exception of pasta entrées and select raw bar items, is now available during brunch every Saturday and Sunday.
• Lunch, brunch and happy hour service times have changed. Lunch is now served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the week; brunch is served 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every weekend; happy hour now takes place from 2 to 6 p.m. during the week, and 3 to 5 p.m. during the weekend. Dinner hours remain the same (5 to 10 p.m., Sunday through Wednesday; 5 to 11 p.m., Thursday through Saturday).
“Since we opened in November 2015, we’ve been fortunate to receive quality feedback from our guests,” said Matt Mannick, Director of Restaurant Operations for Forking Amazing Restaurants. “We’ve intentionally rolled out these new menus in conjunction with adjusted hours and expanded offerings to improve the Il Desco experience across our service times.”
Executive Chef Ezekiel Mears sought seasonal ingredients and local vendors to bring fresh flavor to the restaurant’s spring menus. For example, the restaurant now uses Congaree & Penn grits and Southern Roots granola.“I’m eager to introduce so many new recipes to our friends and family,” said Mears. “Here in Northeast Florida, we’re lucky to have an abundance of fresh ingredients right in our backyard. Look for notes of blueberries and strawberries to pop up in creative ways alongside our made-in-house pastas and local seafood.”
New dishes include:
• Community Board with Congaree & Penn “Italian” grits, Pecorino Romano, braised rabbit ragu, micro greens, and grilled ciabatta ($10 during lunch, dinner and brunch; $8 during happy hour)
• Lobster Salad with blood oranges, Calabrian chili, Frisée fennel, avocado, radish, extra virgin olive oil, grapefruit and white balsamic vinaigrette ($14 during lunch, dinner and brunch)
• Duck Sausage pizza with house-made duck sausage, strawberries, gorgonzola, honey, pecans, scallions, and 12-year balsamic ($9/17 during lunch; $17 during dinner, $13 during happy hour)
• Red Beet Gnocchi with golden beets, garlic, shallots, Swiss chard and Parmigiano-Reggiano broth ($12)
• Scallop & Mushroom Risotto with wild mushrooms, Parmigiano-Reggiano, sweet pea foam, herb salad, and squash shoots ($19)
• Shrimp Ceviche with pickled shrimp, capers, onion, Fresno chili and extra virgin olive oil ($9 at lunch and dinner; $8 at happy hour; not available during brunch)
• "Southern Roots" Parfait with Greek yogurt, Southern Roots granola, fresh fruit and honey ($6)
• Build Your Own Omelette (starts at $10, with add-ins ranging from $1 for vegetables to $3 for premium protein)
• Lemon Blueberry Tart with Amaretto cookie crust and blueberry compote ($7.50)
About Forking Amazing Restaurants: Forking Amazing Restaurants is an independent restaurant group based in Jacksonville, Florida, which comprises Ovinté, Bistro Aix, Il Desco, and the Cowford Chophouse (opening fall 2016). To learn more about the FAR group, visit forkingamazingrestaurants.com.