Sbraga & Company To Host All-Star Chef Takeover Dinner
Sbraga & Company, the newest restaurant by celebrated chef Kevin Sbraga, will host an All-Star Chef Takeover dinner with several acclaimed Jacksonville-based chef restaurateurs on May 4.
Participating chefs include Justin Petruce, Executive Chef, and Erika Weisflog, Pastry Chef of Sbraga & Company; Tom Gray, owner and Executive Chef of Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails; Scotty Schwartz, owner and Executive Chef of 29 South; Kenny Gilbert, owner and Executive Chef of Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen; and Howard Kirk, owner and Executive Chef of 13 Gypsies.
The three-course dinner, which costs $99 per person (including tax and gratuity), will be available throughout dinner service on May 4; the first seating will begin at 6 p.m., and the last seating will be held at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are available on EventBrite. Beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase. Jacksonville-based band Mondo Mike and the Po Boys with Spice will provide live entertainment throughout the evening.
“The Northeast Florida culinary community has welcomed me and my team with open arms since we first announced our plans to open Sbraga & Company,” said Kevin Sbraga. “This dinner is our way of welcoming those who welcomed us into our kitchen, creating a place at our table for their loyal guests, and introducing two of our team members (Justin Petruce and Erika Weisflog) as emerging forces within the Jacksonville culinary scene.”
The evening’s menu includes:
• Buttermilk Biscuit with whipped butter, strawberry preserve, and shaved foie gras by Erika Weisflog
• Duck Fat Cornbread with spicy slaw, sweet pepper jelly, and spiced peanuts, and Seared Octopus with black sesame purée, Japanese pickles, cress, smoked salmon roe, and togarashi crisp by Tom Gray
• Chicken Liver with Sardinian flatbread, pickled carrot, pistachio, and dill, and House Mozzarella with fava bean, datil pepper, and Georgia olive oil by Justin Petruce
• Grilled Swordfish on Posole Verde with salsa verde and coriander chili salad, and Harissa Roasted Baby Turnips and Carrots with toasted caraway and salted labneh by Scotty Schwartz
• BBQ Lamb Shank with collard green curry, roasted okra + garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and rice dumplings, and Smoked Vidalia Onion with green tomato jalapeño jam and saltine cracker gratin by Kenny Gilbert
• Smoked Gouda Gnudi with sambal cream, crispy house-cured pork, and spring onion whiskers, and Seared Asparagus with buttermilk tonnato and beer batter crunchies by Howard Kirk
• Peanut Tart with Florida strawberry accents and chocolate, and Local Peach with wildflower honey, tres leche cornbread, and watermelon sorbet by Erika Weisflog
About Sbraga Dining:
With Chef Kevin Sbraga at the helm, Sbraga Dining's family of restaurants was founded with a simple goal in mind - create an unforgettable dining experience for every guest that walks through our doors. With a team of professionals deeply rooted in genuine service, we strive to instill a sense of adventure in our restaurants with reimagined cuisine, transformative environments, and elevated hospitality. Learn more at www.sbragadining.com.