- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound applewood-smoked bacon (or your favorite bacon)
- 1/2 pound radishes, quartered
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (washed and cut in half )
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Clean Brussels sprouts by washing and removing base stem, then cut in half. Wash radishes and cut into quarters. Combine radishes and sprouts in a mixing bowl and set to the side. Slice bacon into 1-inch-thick ribbons, place in large sauté pan and cook to desired crispness. Remove bacon from fat, add onion and caramelize until dark brown. Add Brussels sprout–radish mixture along with the bacon to the pan. Toss with onions and bacon fat. Place pan in 350° oven for 5 minutes, until sprouts and radishes are al dente. Take pan out, add cherry tomatoes and toss until evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.