What to do when it’s hot outside and it’s time to put dinner on the table? Skewers to the rescue! It’s easy to grill a whole meal, from salad to dessert.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-½-inch chunks
- ½ cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves, minced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
Combine all marinade ingredients in a jar and shake well. Place pieces of chicken in a large zip-top bag and pour in marinade. Close bag and toss gently to coat. Chill one hour or overnight.
Alternate chicken pieces with red onions on skewers and grill until chicken is cooked.