- vegetable oil or butter for greasing the baking sheet
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups unsalted raw pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cayenne (or more for more heat)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preheat oven to 250°. Grease a large baking sheet.
Beat the egg white until it forms soft peaks. Fold in pecans until they are evenly coated. Combine the cocoa powder and spices and add to pecans, stirring until evenly coated. Fold in the maple syrup until evenly distributed.
Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes, until the pecans are dry. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving or storing.