- 7 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup each of 3 different types of your favorite nuts and seeds, chopped (almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc.)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, heated slightly to liquefy
- 1 cup pure maple syup
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup each of 3 different types of your favorite dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.), optional
In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, nuts and seeds. Mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla. Pour over dry mixture in bowl, stirring until everything is very well combined.
Spread granola mixture equally on 2 large, lightly greased baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 250°F oven for 2 hours, switching the pans from top to bottom after 1 hour.
Remove pans from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrain from mixing until granola cools if you enjoy large crunchy chunks. Transfer granola to a large bowl and mix in raisins and additional dried fruit, if desired. Store in a large jar or other airtight container.