- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced then halved
- 1/2 large carrot, sliced
- 1/3 large white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (red)*
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large pan on the stove top with coconut oil and water. Add carrot, onion and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes. Add red pepper and chickpeas. Cook for 10 more minutes on medium. Add curry powder for last 5 minutes and finish cooking on low, without lid. Total cook time approximately 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
FOR THE SAUCE: Combine peanut butter and water in a large mixing cup or small bowl, stirring until mixed thoroughly. Add the remaining ingredients. (Add more peanut butter if you prefer a thicker sauce). Let sit in fridge until time to serve.
Note: This peanut sauce is easily adaptable to ingredients you have on hand. As long as you have peanut butter and water, you can’t go wrong with whatever else you decide to add! You can also swap out ingredients. For example, if you don’t have rice vinegar on hand, add a splash of apple cider vinegar instead.
TO FINISH: Garnish with sunflower seeds, and seasonal citrus. Drizzle with peanut sauce, or serve on the side.
* Or substitute your favorite homemade curry blend instead of the pre-mixed spices.