Call for Volunteers
Slow Food First Coast is actively recruiting volunteers for their Tour de Farm event on Sunday, November 15, 2015. The Tour will feature over 25 local farms, and volunteers are needed at each farm to help for the arrival and welcome visitors.
The Tour will take place from noon until 5:00 pm, and Chef’s tastings will be provided to volunteers by Slow Food’s visiting chefs at the farms. Shorter shifts are available if unable to serve a full 5-hour shift.
The following is a sample task-list each volunteer will be expected to complete:
1. Become familiar with the contents of the Tour de Farm booklet, especially the farm assigned. Tour booklets can be found online at slowfoodfirstcoast.org
2. Plan to arrive at farm assignment 20-30 minutes before a shift starts.
3. Introduce yourself to your host farmer, chef partners, artisans and non-profits on-site.
4. Welcome Tour visitors to the farm as they arrive; be available and prepared to answer Tour de Farm related questions.
5. Ask visitors to sign-in and document the number of cars and visitors. (Visitors must sign-in at each farm they visit).
If interested in volunteering for this year's Tour de Farm, please contact: Mimi Iannuzzi, Slow Food First Coast, at (518) 588-3918 or via email at email@example.com