This drink features a pear shrub, also known as a pear drinking vinegar. Shrubs originated several centuries ago in England as a method of preserving fruit and berries. It can be used either in alc...
- 1 1/2 ounces Ransom Dry Gin
- 1/2 ounce Combier Pamplemousse
- 1/4 ounce Creme de Violette
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Tiny pinch kosher salt*
- Grapefruit zest for garnish
Fill mixing glass with all ingredients and ice and close with a metal shaker. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Strain cocktail mixture into a coupe glass. Garnish with fresh grapefruit zest and serve immediately.
*Only the tiniest amount of salt should be used to round out flavor; too much will destroy it.