- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Poke a few holes in each eggplant with a fork to allow steam to escape when baking. Place whole eggplants on a baking sheet and bake until soft, about 30 minutes. Allow eggplants to cool, then peel and dice them.
Combine diced eggplant with remaining ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve at room temperature or chilled. Top with olive oil and olives.
Photography by Kristen Penoyer