- 2-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 pre-cooked chicken thighs*
- 1-1/2 cups cooked risotto*
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt/sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers or fresh toasted bread, to be served on the side
- *If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Chicken and Leek Risotto.
About this recipe
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three. Start with Chicken and Leek Risotto and after cooking that, you will be part-way towards two other dishes in a stack of meals, Cumin Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Tahini Yogurt Sauce and this soup.
Pour 2½ cups broth into a medium pot and heat over medium heat. Pull the meat from the chicken thighs and thinly slice. Once broth is warm, add chicken meat and risotto to the pot and let simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon lemon juice and fresh dill into the soup. Garnish with a spoonful of yogurt/sour cream (optional), salt and pepper to taste and serve with a side of bread or crackers.
Looking for groceries for this recipe? Amy shops locally at Native Sun Jax!