- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full fat coconut milk, shaken well
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound Jerk Fish*
- 1-1/2 cups Sticky Coconut Rice*
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 lime, for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- *If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Jerk Fish with Pineapple Salsa and Sticky Coconut Rice.
About this recipe
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three to best utilize your time and ingredients. Start with Jerk Fish with Pineapple Salsa and Sticky Coconut Rice. After cooking that, you will be part-way towards two other meals in the stack, Caribbean Fish Tacos with Pineapple-Black Bean Salsa and this one for Thai Coconut Curry Fish Bowls.
In a small pot or Dutch oven, sauté red pepper and zucchini in coconut oil for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
Add minced garlic. When fragrant, add coconut milk and curry powder to the pot and stir. Add a touch of honey if you'd like a sweeter dish, and salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and cook until sauce has thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Reheat fish in the oven on a low broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add remaining coconut rice to each bowl. Scoop curry over top and then add fish. Garnish with cilantro pieces, lime wedges and red pepper flakes, optional.
Amy shops for organic food locally at Native Sun Jax!