- 2 cups red wheat berries, rinsed well
- 6 cups water
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chpped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 small purple onion, sliced thin
Add red wheat berries to water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 55 minutes, sometimes a bit longer. Most of the liquid should be absorbed, but if not drain the remaining water.
Place in medium size bowl to cool. Drizzle with olive oil, add all fruits and onion, then stir until well combined.