- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 to 4 green onions, white parts only, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 4 teaspoons peanut or olive oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon Ethiopian corrorima (can substitute Italian seasoning blend and rosemary)
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toss chicken with lemon juice and salt and allow to marinate while you prepare the vegetables.
Heat oil in a skillet and add green onion, yellow onion and tomato. Cook for around 6 minutes, stirring every once in awhile, until onions are soft and translucent. Add cubed chicken and bouillon cubes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure the bouillon dissolves.
Add corrorima (or Italian seasoning and rosemary), stirring to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes, adding about a cup of water in stages. You want a moist dish with a bit of sauce, but it shouldn’t reach a soupy consistency.
Serve with injera bread.