- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound or 2 cooked chicken breast halves, thinly sliced or cubed*
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice*
- 4 to 6 ounces snow peas
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Red pepper flakes, as needed
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Slice red pepper in half and remove seeds. Cut into ¼-inch strips. Make stir-fry sauce by combining chicken stock, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce or liquid aminos and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Add chicken, peppers and snow peas to the heated skillet and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour in sauce. Cook for a minute more then serve over rice. Top with peanuts and red pepper flakes.
*If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Maple Dijon Chicken.
Looking for groceries for this recipe? Amy shops locally at Native Sun Jax!