- 1/2 pound roasted or steamed Brussels sprouts*
- 1/2 pound roasted or steamed baby carrots*
- 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice mixed with a small handful of dried cranberries*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 pound or 2 cooked chicken breast halves, thinly sliced or cubed*
- Pinch thyme
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 small acorn squash
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 425°. Warm acorn squash in the microwave for 2 minutes as this makes for easier cutting. Slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds from each half; discard seeds or save for roasting. Place each squash half, open side down, on a prepared baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
About 5 minutes before squash is done, roughly dice Brussels sprouts and carrots. In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, Brussels sprouts, carrots, garlic powder, a dash of thyme and some salt and pepper. Stuff each acorn squash bowl with this mixture. Place the stuffed squash bowls on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine chopped walnuts or almonds with grated Parmesan. Sprinkle this mixture on top of each squash and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes until warmed throughout and tops are slightly brown.
*If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Maple Dijon Chicken.
Looking for groceries for this recipe? Amy shops locally at Native Sun Jax!