- 1 (14-inch) baguette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound large shrimp- peeled, deveined and cooked*
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced**
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- *If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Greek Shrimp with Asparagus, Eggplant and Feta.
- **Can substitute drained diced tomatoes from a can.
About this recipe
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three to best utilize your time and ingredients. Start with Greek Shrimp with Asparagus, Eggplant and Feta. After cooking that, you will be part-way toward two other meals in the stack, Shrimp Spaghetti Squash Bowls and this one for Shrimp Bruschetta with Crostini.
Preheat oven to 375°.
To make crostini: Slice bread into thin pieces then place on a greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake until toasted and slightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes, flipping the slices once.
Dice shrimp into about ⅓-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp pieces with diced tomatoes, feta cheese and 1/4 cup olive oil. Add parsley, minced garlic, lemon juice, oregano and mint. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crostini.
Amy shops for organic food locally at Native Sun Jax!