Don't Fear the Fowl and Other Advice for Newbies. (Plus a sample menu and recipes!)
- 1-1/2 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine such as Earth Balance, melted
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°.
To make filling: In a medium bowl, combine apples, cranberries, sugar and flour. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
To make topping: In another bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, melted margarine and chopped pecans. Be sure the mixture is coated with the margarine and resembles coarse clumps.
To assemble: Spoon the cranberry mixture into individual ramekins or baking dish. Crumble the topping mixture over the cranberry mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of the dish you are using). Serve warm or room temperature.