- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked and drained
- 3 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (2 teaspoons for a deeper green color)
- 1 teaspoon organic peppermint extract (or more to taste)
- Chopped almonds
- Chopped pistachios
- Fresh mint leaves
FOR THE CRUST
Grease a 6-in x 3-in springform pan with coconut oil non-stick cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper. Soak dates in warm water to soften for about 30 minutes. Place almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and process into a crumb-like consistency. Soak and drain the dates, then add to cacao powder and maple syrup. Blend until a sticky dough forms. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan and set aside. Clean out the food processor to prepare the next layer.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE LAYER
Soak cashews in warm water for 4-6 hours. Drain and place in food processor with the rest of the chocolate cheesecake ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. Evenly spread the chocolate mixture over the crust, then tap pan on counter to release air bubbles. Place in the freezer to set while making the matcha mint layer, about 20 minutes. Clean out the food processor to prepare the next layer.
FOR THE MATCHA MINT CHEESECAKE LAYER
Soak cashews in warm water for 4-6 hours. Drain and place in food processor with the rest of the matcha mint cheesecake ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. If desired, blend in an additional teaspoon of matcha powder and about ¼ teaspoon extra peppermint extract for a deeper green color and bolder flavor. Evenly spread the matcha mint filling over the set chocolate layer, then tap pan on counter to release air bubbles. Cover and place in the freezer to set for 4-6 hours, or overnight for best results. Remove cheesecake from springform pan and allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes before adding your toppings, slicing and serving! Store in the refrigerator, or freezer for longer keeping (up to two weeks).
Note: Melt coconut oil by filling a container with hot water and setting jar in it until the oil melts, about 15 minutes. Allow oil to cool to room temperature before using.