- 4 stalks lemongrass, tender white parts only, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 (2-inch piece) fresh galangal, peeled and chopped
- 1 (2-inch piece) fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Thai chili, stem removed, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prahok (fermented fish paste)
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed, sliced into fine ribbons
Process ingredients in a food processor until a paste is formed. Use right away, or allow to sit for a few hours for flavors to develop. Leftover paste can be frozen.
For most of us, the closest we will ever get to traveling Asia is enjoying a great meal at a restaurant here in NE Florida—digging into pad thai or nam sod, with its garnish of a bright carrot crane o...